Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Green Smoothie

I had been wanting to try this for quite some time now.  I just never got around to making it.  I have a friend who showed, a group of women and I, how to make it.  It is super easy, and I have been making it since.  The whole family loves it!  Even Baby K!  I'm going to have to make one just for him, because he always wants to drink mine... and he gets mad when I take it from him.

Green Smoothie

Ingredients
Spinach or Kale
1 cup filtered water
Banana
Grapes
Strawberries
Peaches
Apples
Blueberries
Raspberries
Any fruit really...
Ice if you like it cold.

I listed a lot of ingredients here, but you don't need all of these fruits.  Just a few.  Fill a blender with spinach to the top.  Pour in water, and blend on high.  Once all of the leaves are blended, add the fruits that you want!  So far, I have love strawberries, bananas, and grapes.  I have also put an apple into it, and I thought it turned out great!  The funny thing is, that it looks like it won't be that great.  However it does taste super good!

The particular smoothie pictured above contains, spinach, an unpeeled apple, banana, strawberries, and 1/2 cup orange juice.  I could see putting mango, and pomegranate seeds could be tasty too!

Drinking these foods is a great way to ensure that our bodies get all of the nutrients that it needs.  Our body will absorb more of it than when we eat it.  Start with your green smoothie for breakfast.  My friend suggests drinking a serving for breakfast, and then drinking the rest throughout the day.  Then eat your other meal/s.  Be sure to watch your portions on the later meals.

Be sure to alternate kale and spinach or other greens in order to prevent the building a tolerance for any one.  Yum yum!

Try it out, and let me know how you like it!

Happy losing!

Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!