Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sleep Deprivation

First things first.  If you don't already, feel free to follow this blog.  It will be full of stuff concerning my little family in New Mexico!  I'd love to have ya!


Alright, it has been five years since I had my last baby.  You could say that is a long time, right?  Let's just say that I have forgotten what it feels like to be pregnant.  Yes, I am claiming it.  I haven't done so until now, because I felt it was too early.  Pretty much family is all that has been privy to this information, so if this is news to you, I am sorry.  It is not easy to share with everyone and the sun that you are pregnant when you have suffered through a miscarriage before.  In fact, I probably would not have told my family that I was preggers when I did, but I thought I was nearly a month further along than I really am (another thing I forgot about my pregnancies--always not as far along as the calculations determine).

Back to the things that I have forgotten about pregnancy.  Fatigue.  Now, not just being tired from a hard day's work, but absolutely exhausted from waking up and getting the older kids off to school.  Yesterday, I stood outside chatting with my neighbor about this and that (she is 'the go to' for any information on anything or anyone in this town).  We talked for one hour!  After that I had to go in and have a nap!  That is a very long time for me --apparently-- to be standing consecutively!

I never forgot about the nausea and morning sickness; I did forget how awful it is to throw up every day, sometimes multiple times.  And let's just hope that your bladder is not full when you are heading to the toilet!

I have talked with many women who have given birth to a baby, and they freely share their horror stories.  Hey, I have even been one of those women!  I think it is in God's plan for us women to forget the traumatizing things that we experience during childbirth.  If we didn't I am not so sure that we would have more than one child!  Well, my doctor gave me some reading material, like most doctors do at the beginning of the pregnancy.  I have been reading through it...most of it, I already know, so I skimmed past.  As I got to the part about "going into labor," I slowed down and read a little bit more thoroughly.

I will tell you, that as I began reading that chapter, flashbacks came back of my last childbirth incident.  It even brought tears to my eyes!  Even though I am approximately six months away from the blessed day when this child comes, I am finding myself worrying and stressing over how it is going to go.  I might remind you that Big T was a nice 6lb 12oz.  Well, Little H came in at a whopping 8lb 9oz!  Any appointment that I have been to, each person asks how big my babies were.  I tell them, and each one of these people have said, "Wow!  That is quite the jump!"

I say, "Yeah.... no kidding!"

So, here I am thinking about how big this baby is going to be.  If it is a boy, is it going to be enormous!?  I will also add that my brother just older than me came out just over 10lbs.  Hoss's younger brother came out right around the same!  I think big baby syndrome is a non-negotiable in this family!

Now, don't get me wrong.  I am not at all complaining about being pregnant.  Hoss and I have been trying to have another baby for four years now.  It just hadn't been the right time.  Now that we got rid of all of our baby furniture and clothes, we are expecting!  How ironic I think!  We had accepted that we might not ever had any more children.  And to be quite honest, we have two pretty great little girls, so we were happy with that.

I feel extremely blessed to have this child on the way.  It has been a long road, and quite the anticipation for this little one.  By the way, we don't know if it is a boy or a girl, so we have named it Baby for the time being.  It might be a nickname that sticks... who knows!

Big T and Little H are both very excited for Baby to come.  Little H will give me a huge hug and ask, "Does Baby like that hug?"

I will always answer, "Yes, Baby loves that hug!  Baby would even love a kiss!"  Then she proceeds to give me a kiss on the cheek.

The official due date at this time is February 5th, 2010.  I will be having an ultrasound next month.  I think we should find out if Baby is a boy or a girl then!  What are you guesses?

So, I have learned, the hard way that I do not function without sleep.  The migraines come with increased nausea and all the rest.  I am pleased to be having another baby, but I look forward to being able to be past the pregnancy and labor and just being able to dote and love on the new baby.  That is the part I really love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!