Sunday, April 3, 2011

Arizona or Bust!

A week and a half ago, I took a little trip to Arizona to visit my sister and grandparents.  I took the kids (yes, all three) and drove all by myself (Hoss had to work).  I felt it was an impressive feat with a near newborn.  Baby K is now just over 7 weeks old.  The typical 8 hour trip took me 13 in one day.  It was a stressful trip, since I just wanted to get there.

We spent the week staying at my sister's house with her family.  We went to Ikea, the zoo, and we just spent a lot of time together.

I was hoping to visit my mother's parents, but was unable to do so, since they cannot have little children and possibly sick people in their home.  Here's to after my grandmother's chemo treatments!  **Sure love you grandma!**

I did get to visit my dad's mother.  We had pizza and visited for the afternoon.  The girls got to play with her dog Tike, and Baby K was caught smiling generously.

The weather was in the mid to high 70's, which I was slightly disappointed about.  I was hoping to take the girls swimming.  Oh well.  Soon enough!

On the way home, I decided to stop half way.  I chose a tiny town called Lordsburg, NM.  I do not recommend staying here, as it is so small that the grocery store closes at 7:30 pm every day!  There were two main restaurants to choose from.  One was McDonalds (which was a NO), and the other was a sit down family restaurant called Kranberries.  I tell you, this place is sooo over priced!  I payed $10 for practically a microwave dinner that was supposed to be grilled chicken and freshly steamed veggies.  I was highly disappointed!  The only thing that was well worth the money was their ginormous cinnamon rolls... yum!

I was glad to get home, as one usually is after being away from his or her own home and bed.

Us with Grandma M.
All in all, my little trip was just what I needed.  I felt like getting away really boosted my desire to get my house in order, and to keep a more structured day.  My sister is amazing at timing her daily schedule.  She has a very busy schedule, so she has to be super structured, and believe me, she has it timed to practically the minute.  I am on the lax end of the same habit.  I tend to go with it, which leads to me not getting much done.  However, I have taken up a new resolve to become more structured.  After all, I start a new class tomorrow, so I have to be organized in order to get my homework, housework, and church work done!  Whew!  Here we go!
Big T and Little H with Tyke.
I was lucky.  Immediately after I took this picture, my camera died.  It is one of my favorites.

I love elephants.
My sister took this one.  beautiful!







Koala Bear!  So cute!
My Niece, Little H, and Big T.

Rhinos look so nice and docile.


Good 'artistic' shots from me are rare, so I have to showcase them when they happen. :)
I love these mountains in Phoenix.  As a kid, they reminded me of potatoes.

My sister, Kendra, offered to take some pictures of Baby K.  She is so much better at photography than I am, so I was all for it... here are a few!


To visit my sister's blog.




***********************************************************************************
UPDATE!  I finally published a new episode to Sora's Journey!  Click on over there and read it on its NEW URL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!