Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Foodie Wednesday: Green Smoothie


I posted about the green smoothie before, but I want to add a little variation.  I love the green smoothie, and the rest of my family does too.  What a great way to get a child to eat their veggies, when they would ordinarily turn their noses up at them!

Every other day, go ahead and use kale, mustard greens, or other green leafy veggies packed with vitamins.  It is good for your body to get a change up, and it keeps things interesting.  Thus far, I have ventured to the kale.  I really like mixing kale with spinach sometimes.  Kale tastes slightly different.  Its a little bit more earthy tasting than the spinach, but you get used to it.  I'm sure that my kids wouldn't touch kale in its natural form with a ten foot pole! 


Next week, Monday and Tuesday, I'm going to start a smoothie and juice fast.  I feel like I'll feel so much better if I can detox.  I'll be drinking nothing but green smoothies, beet juice, and water.  I'll let you know how it went on Wednesday!  It'll be hard to not eat anything, I'm sure... especially as I prepare my kids' breakfasts, lunches and dinners. :)


Spinach


Kale

Have you found an amazing recipe for green smoothies?  We'd love to hear about them!  I'll even post them here if you want!

Happy Losing!

Evelyn Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!