Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You Might be a Cynic if......

Over the years, I have developed a slightly cynical attitude.  I never realized just how cynical I can be, until very recently.  I just considered it my dry sarcastic humor....which I do believe I still have. 

I just had this thought pop into my mind.  "You might be a cynic if you question a person's actions to have underlying motives."  That is me.

So in the last few weeks, I have done a lot of reflecting.  I have set a goal to be more positive, and not so cynical.  I think Hoss will appreciate this goal, since he sees the majority of my negative thoughts and attitudes.  I am not considering this a New Year's Resolution... I think those are silly...and besides, I am starting right now.  I am setting a personal goal to strive for, one day at a time, every year for the rest of my life.  

It is easier to chip away at the sculpture one tap at a time, rather than expecting a few taps to reveal a masterpiece.

Here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Evelyn
    Your name was chosen in my Advent giveaway draw today. Could you please email me your address so I can get your gift in the post as soon as possible.

    Thanks, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!