Thursday, November 10, 2011

Adversity Thursday: Eating During the Holidays



Hello all!  My post comes a lot later than usual.  Jason and I went through the process of switching cell phone companies.  It took half of the morning and into the afternoon, so here I am, finally getting this post out!

The main thing that comes to mind is the upcoming holidays.  Oh boy.  I think it is very interesting that pretty much all of our holidays include yummy sweets and food.  For us Americans, Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, full of turkey, potatoes, gravy, yams, stuffing, and pie!  Why is it that it is common to stuff ourselves on that day?

The adversity here is to eat these things moderately.  I don't believe that we should have to cut all of these things out of our diets indefinitely.  Especially for the holiday.  However, we need to regulate ourselves through self control.  We have to know when enough is enough.  It is common to eat your fill, then want seconds because it tastes good.  Why not wait until later, and have some for a snack, or for lunch the next day?  Make a stew out of the turkey and potatoes?

So this time, today, I am asking you to share your tips and ideas on how to remember to control portions and how much of the sweets are eaten.  What do you do?  Because I clearly struggle with controlling how much of the sweets I eat... and that is evident from Halloween.

Its your turn.  What is your advice?

Happy losing!

Evelyn Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!