Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fitness Tuesday: P90X Copycat

I have mentioned a few times on my facebook page about a copycat P90X workout.  Now,  have never done the original P90X, so I can't tell you how similar it is.  However, in one of the comments about the video, a viewer mentioned how the workout was just like it... So, I have decided to trust that one comment and claim that I am doing P90X copycat. :)  I like that I don't have to buy the dvd.

This workout is a great one.  It creates a good sweat and is challenging.  The instructor is low energy, but as long as you are working your hardest, it turns out to be a great workout.



As you know, my knee is in no shape to be running and jumping.  So, I dumbed down the routine in various parts to accommodate.

In the post Low Impact vs High Impact Exercises,  I mentioned that low impact exercises most commonly include exercises where one foot is on the ground at all times.  So instead of any jumping, I did squats and sumo squats (squat and lift on knee up high, then alternate).  Doing mountain climbers, I would not jump, but I would be sure to keep one foot down at all times.  For me, being overweight, it was still a great workout.

If you have any questions regarding any alterations that I may have made, then email me or post it in the comment.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Happy losing!

Evelyn Campbell Curtis

5 comments:

  1. Happy loosing, Evelyn! From what I can tell from your previous posts, you are doing great :D I usually use dancing for exercise, because it's so challenging mentally that I totally forget how exhausted I am sometimes, which is the best thing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually do dance exercises because I am very ungraceful! :) Give me a basketball, and I'll hoop it up, a volleyball and I'll spike it on the 10ft line, but when it comes to dancing??? Its comedy! :) But, it is a good workout! I have a friend who does belly dancing, and she looks great after having twins a little over 1 year ago! ~Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. honeycomb sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good site post, i am delighted I came across it. I will be back down the track to check out other posts that
    Top post. I look forward to reading more. Cheers
    11 resistance bands set

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!