Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Food Wednesday: Apple Pie Protein Shake

Good morning everyone!  I hope this Wednesday finds you all well!  I am sore from my insane workout yesterday!  My calves are sore... and they haven't been sore in a long time!

Anyway, today I want to introduce another favorite recipe.  Sorry, no pictures for this one, but it is simple.

Ingredients
1 cup milk (low fat, 1% or skim)
1 sliced tart apple, peeled if you want (I love pink lady apples)
1 Tbs peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon (or desired amount)
1/2 cup quick oats
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
ice (desired amount)


Combine the milk, apple slices, peanut butter, cinnamon, quick oats, and protein powder.  Blend in blender, then add desired amount of ice.

I usually peel my apple, BUT, I don't waste those apple skins!  They contain a lot of nutrients!  I usually eat them while I fix my shake!  Next, I use a full tray of ice, because I love my protein shakes frosty, not to mention that the extra ice fills the tummy up just a little bit further without adding extra calories!

I hope you enjoy this one!  It is super yummy.  I made it the other day.  It had been a few years since I had it.  It was a nice change.

Happy losing!

Evelyn Curtis

PS  Do you have any recipes that you want to share?  Email me, and I'll spot light your blog or website in a guest post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!