Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homemade Pizza Sauce

One day, a few months ago, I had planned meals for the week, and shopped for those ingredients.  On one of those days, I had planned to make pizza.  As I got the dough rolled out then slipped it in the oven for the "pre-bake," I realized that I had failed to purchase any pizza sauce.

I've made my own dough before, but I had never made my own sauce.  So I went to the computer, and I googled, "How to make pizza sauce from scratch."  I looked at a few different recipes, and of course they all had tomato.  I was short on time and was limited on the extra ingredients needed.  So I scoured the ingredients I did have, and I came up with the following.


Homemade Pizza Sauce  

1  Roasted red pepper      
1  small can tomato sauce

Blend the two ingredients together in a blender, or in a food processor.  The particular bottle of roasted red peppers that I have has seasonings and such in it.  It seems like it has about 3 full red peppers in it.  I did my best at pulling out the equivalent of 1 pepper.  Then I stored the rest for later.

Spread the mixture on top of the pizza dough.  I usually buy the Pillsbury roll out dough when I don't want to spend so much time and effort making the dough (I like my pizzas to be one of those quick meals).  Add your toppings, and cheese, and bake as directed.


 I forgot to take a picture of the pizza after I baked it...it was quickly devoured by the hungry children for lunch today!

The sauce has a little zing to it, and it tastes so great!  We all love it!  Even Baby K!  And he is the most picky of them all!

It was a good lunch for us today!

Sincerely,


Evelyn

2 comments:

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!