Monday, November 12, 2012

Cowboy Festival

Huggles was asleep
A few months ago, a friend of mine told me about this fun festival that all of the elementary schools go to.  I believe it is call the Cowboy Festival.  They do it every year, and it was, indeed lots of fun!  The kids really loved it!

Here in Hobbs, there is a museum called The Western Heritage Museum.  It is pretty neat!  We love going to museums, because there are so many fascinating things to look at!  This museum even has a Lea County Cowboy hall of fame!  Fun!  I know!

As I was going through pictures on my cell phone, I came across the photos that I took that day.

They had Native American dancing, folk art exhibits (quilting, weaving, and spinning yarn).  Bunny and Bug were very enthralled with it all.  They also had a local beekeeper there to show us what goes into bee keeping.  I have always been interested in beekeeping, and when we have a little homestead, I think we might start keeping bees!...at least, I want to!




Huggles fell asleep, so he missed out on some of the fun.  But Bunny, and Bug both got their faces painted, they both got to try roping, and the crowning show was a cowboy doing some roping tricks!  He was amazing!  He walked his horse in circles while he lassoed around the both..among many other tricks!  It was so much fun!

All in all, it was a great day! 

Sincerely,








Evelyn Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!