Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bug and the Tooth Fairy

We have breaking news here in Hobbs, NM!  Bug has had a very very loose tooth for quite a while.  She had already lost 3 teeth, and frankly those were traumatic experiences for her.  So last night, I told her to show me her tooth, which I promptly said, "We need to pull it.  Its ready."

Bug absolutely refused to let Hoss or I pull it.  She was insistent about pulling it herself.  I think it took her nearly an hour to get it done... 

in fact, at one point as I was heading out the door to check the mail and take some trash to the dumpster, I said,  "Bug... if you don't have that pulled by the time I get back, daddy is holding you down, and I'm going to pull it myself!"

The color drained from her face... she has a sincere fear of having her teeth pulled.  I remember pulling all of my teeth on my own... I pulled most of Bunny's teeth.  I was ready and up to the task...as was Hoss, should she choose to let him try.

Anyway, I went and came back, and Hoss told me that when I drove up, she started kind of panicking. Then right as I opened the door, she popped it out!  I think she was relieved!

The tooth fairy usually gives our kids $1 per tooth... but on Bug's little baggy, she wrote, "Pulled your own tooth!"  Inside was $2!  I guess it pays to be brave and pull it on your own!

What's more...I was about to take a picture of Bug sleeping, so I could blog about her pulling her own tooth (My post was going to be about how she was sleeping and waiting for the tooth fairy to come), when I saw something out of the corner of my eye.  I snapped the picture, and went to bed myself.

What I didn't know was that I caught a glimpse of the tooth fairy in the picture!  It is a bit blurry, due to the fact that I think I surprised her, and she was in the process of slipping away.

Here!  Have a look!


Bug and Bunny are so excited that there is actual proof of the tooth fairy!

Sincerely,

Evelyn Curtis

PS  I'm excited that Bug now gets to sing the song, 

"All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth!"

4 comments:

  1. What the heck! !! I can't believe you got the tooth fairy in the picture.


    Nothing else matters except for the tooth fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see it, but I'm on my phone, so I may not have the detail needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Kendra! It was amazing! I wasn't even trying to take a picture of the tooth fairy!

    Alan, the tooth fairy is in the very bottom left hand corner!... She nearly got away without being in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO PREACIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!