Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting Enough Sleep Helps Fight Negativity

I sat down after an exhausting workout the other day, and just happened to glance down at my body.  The thought came to me, "This is going to take forever."  Then other thoughts followed, "Its so hard." "It will never end" and "I could just stop."

Let's talk about what I did the night before.  Jason and I watched a movie.  It was a good use of time, we watched an informative documentary (our favorite right now).  It was only one hour long over by 10pm.  I should have went to bed right then.  Instead, we began looking for more good videos to watch.  I began to search youtube for ways to make raw beet juice, and other healthy things.

So, none of these are bad.. the problem is that I wound up not getting to bed until midnight, and I was already tired to begin with.

I woke up at the usual time the next morning, feeling extra tired because I ignored my body and didn't go to bed when I was so ready at 10pm.

I am telling you from experience, it is much harder to fight the negative and procrastinating thoughts when you are not getting enough sleep!

So, I'm setting a goal.  My bed time is 10:30, unless I am falling asleep at 9.  Then it is at 9 pm.

Click on the picture to be redirected to a website all about the benefits of getting a full night of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you have any homeschool goodies to share, feel free! I love comments! So keep them coming!